Careers at Ballykin
Early Childhood Educator
WE ARE HIRING!!
LOOKING FOR A CASUAL EDUCATOR AVAILABLE 3-5 DAYS
This job has your name written on it if…
- You are passionate about children’s development and learning
- You are a fast learner, effective communicator, team player
- You are flexible, honest, and reliable
- You value nature play and sustainable practices
- You are an advocate for children’s learning, independence, resilience, and potential
Why do you want to work for us…
- Beautiful Rose Bay location
- Strong supportive Director, mentors and team
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly outings to the local beach and park with the children
- Paid lunch breaks
- Frequent social activities
- Excellent working conditions
- Professional development opportunities
- Great people to work with everyday
- Variety of resources and materials
- Opportunities for sponsorship
- Strong emphasis on creativity and the arts (music, dance, art and languages)
A typical day for you looks like…
- A combination of planned and spontaneous experiences in our newly renovated outdoor yard and well designed indoor classrooms, art studio using digital, natural and creative resources.
- Collaborating with educators, developing partnerships with families and guiding, observing and tracking the growth of children’s learning and development.
- Being actively involved in the community and constructing beautiful environments that challenge, inspire and allow children to explore various interests.
You will walk in the door with…
- A Certificate III, Diploma or University Degree in Early Childhood Education 0-5 years
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Framework and the National Regulations and Standards.
- Proven ability to develop, implemented maintain professional relationships with children, educators and families
- Proven ability to plan, implement, observe and program for children aged 2-5 years
- Highly developed written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills
- A current Working with Children Check number
- Approved Asthma/Anaphylaxis/ First Aid qualifications
- Approved Child Protection Training
If this sounds like you apply below…
To apply, please submit a cover letter addressing the essential requirements along with your CV to the Director Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position begins ASAP.
Early Childhood Educator – Diploma or Certificate III Qualified
- Permanent Full Time Role
- RDO Each Month
- Beautiful Mosman Location
Ballykin Mosman is a privately owned, 49 place centre catering for children aged 20 months to 6 years with a strong sense of community. With have recently been rated as “Exceeding” under the National Quality Standards. Our curriculum values the importance of play based learning and the Educational program promotes each child’s ability to think critically, be curious, problem solve and take calculated risks. Intentional teaching which is reflective of the children’s interests and current knowledge guides the implementation of learning experiences across Language and Literacy, STEM, Creative Arts and Health.
The team work collaboratively to meet educational outcomes and are supported to develop their teaching skills in areas of interest to them. Management supports each Educator in their professional development to maintain current knowledge in the industry and innovative educational practice. Staffing arrangements exceed the national standards and we maintain high Educator to child ratios at all times.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director, the qualified Educator will work on a rotating shift Monday-Friday. Your role will include:
- Creating and maintaining an engaging and challenging learning environment.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with children, families and staff.
- Developing and implementing a quality educational program in consultation with the team.
- Documenting children’s learning, developmental records and the educational program on our digital platform.
- Ensuring compliance with routines, policies, processes and best practice.
- Attending staff meetings and reflecting on individual, team and early childhood practices.
A successful candidate will have:
- A Diploma or Certificate 3 level qualification in Children’s Education and Care or ACECQA approved equivalent.
- Current First-Aid Certificate, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to implement the National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning Framework.
- Passion, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to high-quality care.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to a professional, collaborative and passionate team.
- Attending staff meetings and reflecting on individual and team practices.
- Highly developed written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- A current Working With Children Check number
Please submit a cover letter addressing the essential requirements along with your CV to the Director Lucy at email@example.com