Careers at Ballykin
Early Childhood Teacher/Educator – ECT/Diploma Qualified
- Permanent Full Time Role
- RDO Each Month
- Beautiful Mosman Location
- Passionate and dedicated team
- Centre rated “Exceeding” under the National Quality Framework
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director, the qualified Educator will work on a rotating shift Monday-Friday. Your role will include:
- Developing and implementing our exceeding educational program in consultation with the team.
- Using your creativity and passion to create and maintain an engaging and challenging learning environment for children.
- Forming excellent relationships with children, families and staff.
- Maintaining children’s developmental records and ensuring compliance with routines, policies, processes and practices.
- Sharing your personal interests to develop educational projects across the centre – your role in developing our Educational program is limitless!
Ballykin Mosman is a privately owned, 49 place centre catering for children aged 20 months to 6 years with a strong sense of community. Our curriculum values the importance of play based learning. We promote each child’s ability to think critically, be curious, problem solve and take calculated risks. Intentional teaching which is reflective of the children’s interests and current knowledge guides the implementation of learning experiences across Language and Literacy, STEAM, Creative Arts and Health.
The team work closely together to meet educational outcomes and are supported to develop their teaching skills in areas of interest to them, as well as attending professional development courses to maintain current knowledge in the industry.
A successful candidate will have:
- A Diploma in Children’s Education and Care OR Early Childhood Teaching degree.
- Current First-Aid Certificate, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to implement the National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning Framework.
- Passion, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to high-quality care.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to a professional, collaborative and passionate team.
- Attending staff meetings and reflecting on individual and team practices.
- Highly developed written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- A current Working with Children Check number
Please submit a cover letter addressing the essential requirements along with your CV to the Director Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org